Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my API Testing information for Canada Post 2.0?
Last Updated 4 years ago
Part I : Obtaining the API Keys.1. Go the Canada Post site (www.canadapost.ca).
2. Sign into your account.
Click on the Business Solutions Tab dropdown, Select Developer Program
This will take you to your Business API keys.
We need to copy the Development API key and use it for our testing configuration in the module. I recommend copying them to a text editor (e.g. Notepad), as we will need them later when we set up the module.
Part II : Configuring the Module1. Log into the Admin Panel of your site and navigate to the configuration menu (System > Configuration).
2. On the left hand side, click on Shipping Methods and open the configuration options for the Canada Post module.
3. Scroll down until you see the setting for API X (Testing), where X is either called Login, Password, or URL.
4. Insert your information as follows:
API URL (Testing) : https://ct.soa-gw.canadapost.ca/
API Login (Testing) : <paste the first part of the API Key here (before the colon : )>
API Password (Testing) : <paste the second part of the API Key here (after the colon : )>
5. After we save the configuration, scroll down and now you can enable Test Mode for the module.
6. Finally Save Config again. If needed, go to System > Cache Management and refresh the cache to let the changes take effect.